About Your ChampionYour Champion is your greatest and most important Unit, primarily because it provides bonuses to all of your other Troops. You can have only one Champion at any one time, but you can change Champions or change the name of your Champion whenever you like.
CHANGING CHAMPIONS AND CHAMPION NAMES
To choose your Champion, click on the Champion icon in the top right corner of your screen, then press the "Select Champion" button. You can then make your choice – just remember to click Apply. Remember: you will need the Champion Selector Item to change your Champion, but this Item can be acquired from the "Select your Champion" window.
To change your Champion's Name, open the Champion window again and press the button next to your Champions name. Enter the name that you would like to be displayed in the game, then press "Apply".
This window contains all your Equipment Items, Equipment Crates, and special Keys. Here you can see all the bonuses that your Items provide for your Troops. Equip your Champion by dragging an Item into one of the Slots surrounding your Champion, or click on the Item and press "Equip." You can also change your Champion and their name from this screen.
Equipment - OverviewEquipment Items are special Items that can be found throughout Wasteland and are recovered from Infestations. When your Champion is equipped with an Item, it will affect a range of different attributes attaining to your Troops, granting either a Defensive or an Offensive bonus. Offensive Items in the game include Weapons, Gloves, Boots, and certain Ammunition; while Helmets, Backpacks, Armor and other Ammunition have Defensive qualities.
The strength of your Equipment's attributes is proportional to its Rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Legendary). The harder it is to find, the stronger the Item's effect will be. Moreover, Equipment Items can have an effect on one or several types of Troops (Infantry, Armored Corps, Artillery, and Air Forces). To see an Equipment Item's statistics, simply click on the Item.
Inventory and Temporary Inventory
You have two Inventories - Permanent and Temporary. When you first begin to use your Champion, you have 18 slots in your Permanent Inventory, and all the Items gained in battle will automatically go there. Once the Permanent Inventory is full, Items will be sent to the Temporary Inventory, at which point a timer will begin counting down to the moment when the Equipment Item is permanently deleted. If the Temporary Inventory is also full, obtaining a new Item will automatically delete the oldest Item from your Temporary Inventory in order to make room for it. If you feel that you need more space for Equipment, you can purchase additional rows of Slots by clicking on them.
Certain Equipment Items may come in special Crates. A Crate takes up one slot, just as an Equipment Item does.
To equip your Champion, simply drag the desired Item into one of the Slots surrounding the Champion, or alternately click "Equip" on the Item in question. Each Slot surrounding your Champion corresponds directly to the Item type that slot can take.
CRATES and KEYS
There are 4 types of Crates:
1. Class I Crates contain Equipment that will grant bonuses (either Offensive or Defensive) to your Infantry.
2. Class II Crates contain Equipment that will grant bonuses (either Offensive or Defensive) to both your Infantry and Armored Corps.
3. Class III Crates contain Equipment that will grant bonuses (either Offensive or Defensive) to your Artillery, Armored Corps and Infantry.
4. Class IV Crates contain Equipment that will grant bonuses (either Offensive or Defensive) to your Air Forces, Artillery, Armored Corps and Infantry.
Each Crate contains one Equipment Item.
To open a Crate, you will require special Keys, which can be found at Infestations or acquired from the Black Market. To choose a Key that will open a given Crate, click on the Crate and look for the Item's Rarity and the Crate name – combining them will tell you which Key is needed. e.g. If the Crate is a Class II Crate and the Rarity is Uncommon, then you will need an Uncommon Class II Key to open it.
Scrapping and Upgrading EquipmentEquipment Items can be upgraded to improve the bonuses they provide for your Troops
SCRAPPING ITEMS INTO PARTS
To upgrade an Item, you will need Parts. You can obtain Parts by scrapping Equipment Items. You are able to choose which Item you would like to scrap – typically, this will be one that is of little strategic value to you, or one of a lower Level than another Item you already possess. The higher the level of the Item, the more Parts you will get for scrapping it.
To scrap an Item, simply click on its and then select "Scrap". The number of Parts you have is displayed above the Inventory.
When you have enough Parts to upgrade an Equipment Item, click on the selected Item and press "Upgrade". Then, wait until the upgrade process is complete. Be advised that scrapping Equipment into Parts takes time.
1. Once you click "Scrap", your Item will then be scrapped into valuable Parts. You cannot reverse this action and thus cannot repair your Item once the scrapping process has been initiated.
2. Likewise, once you have clicked "Upgrade", your Item will start its transformation. This action cannot be reversed, and the Parts devoted to the upgrade cannot be reapplied to different Items.
3. You can only upgrade or scrap one Item at once. As this process takes some time, carefully consider which Item you wish to scrap or upgrade.
4. You can upgrade or scrap Equipment in your Permanent Inventory ONLY. If the Item is in the Temporary Inventory or your Champion is currently wearing it, you will need to place it in the Permanent Inventory before scrapping or upgrading it.